|
AGE
2015 offering more to exhibitors, visitors: organiser
- 17th July 2015


CrownBet
promotions
Profiles
Australasian
Gaming Expo Casinos
Gaming
Business
Entertainment
Sydney

More,
more, more, is the message for this years
Australasian Gaming Expo (AGE), says Adrian Halpenny,
chairman of event owner and operator, the Gaming Technologies
Association.
There
is going to be more space, more exhibitors, more product
and innovation
offered, he told GGRAsia.
The
2015 edition of AGE will take place from August 11
to 13 inclusive, at Sydney Exhibition Centre
@ Glebe Island, as the venue, in Australias
largest city, is branded. The 15,600 square-metre
(167,917 sq feet) show floor will feature more than
165 exhibitors including 31 making their show
debut. The exhibitors come not only from Australia
but also from around the world, representing a wide
range of segments including gaming equipment, security
technology and interior design services.
Last
year, over 2,300 visitors attended the first day of
the event, with 2,500 on the second day and 1,000
on the third day.
According
to a survey by the organiser, 97 percent of visitors
regarded the 2014 expo as an opportunity to
see new products and technology, while 99 percent
said the quality of the exhibitions stands was
good or excellent.
Last
year, we saw a good increase [in the number of visitors],
especially from international regions, Mr Halpenny
said. I think that is going to continue this
year, especially from the Asian regions.
He
added: As markets consolidate, namely [in] Australia
and Asia, [there is] a lot of regional content that
is applicable to both markets.
Mr
Halpenny expects many product launches to take place
at AGE 2015. When you look at the industry consolidation
that has occurred over the last 24 months, I think
this AGE will be the start of a series of trade shows
where you will see new products put together and showcased
to the customers. We will see a rising benchmark from
an innovation perspective, said the executive,
referring firstly to mergers and takeovers in the
casino equipment supply sector in the past few years.
Industry
consolidation no threat
Mr
Halpenny is also senior vice-president Australia and
Asia gaming for Scientific Games Corp. The
company, a specialist in lottery equipment and management,
last year acquired slot-machine supplier Bally Technologies
Inc. Prior to that, it took over slot-machine maker
WMS Industries Inc.
Mr
Halpenny said that while the consolidation in the
casino technology supply sector had reduced the number
of overall players in the market, it should
not be seen as a threat by trade show organisers.
Mr Halpenny said that despite a drop in the universe
of large exhibitors available to attend such trade
events, the range of products to be displayed has
not diminished.
We
got a lot more products that we need to show,
Mr Halpenny stated.
He
added: None of the companies that has consolidated
is looking at cutting product lines or brands; they
want to extend them. I dont think, from that
perspective, that there has been any loss of offerings
through this consolidation process.
To
help visitors plan their visit to AGE 2015, attendees
can make use of the events official mobile app.
It is available for download at the Apple Store, on
Google Play or via the event website. The app features
event information including how to get to the venue,
transport timetables, an interactive floor plan and
a detailed exhibitor list.
Exhibition
entry is complimentary to gaming industry executives,
courtesy of the Gaming Technologies Association. Trade
suppliers however are not eligible to attend the event
unless exhibiting.
Mr
Halpenny said AGE has found its niche in the market
for gaming trade shows. The annual event, launched
in 1990, is a very engaging show from an Australian
and regional industry perspective.
He
stated: It is a trade show that does offer value
to all stakeholders, from suppliers to operators.
It is a natural place to engage from a regional perspective.
I think it is one show that will never be in jeopardy.
|